Why Consider a Clinical Laboratory Profession?
Clinical laboratory professionals are in great demand!
You can have:
- Multiple employment opportunities immediately after
- Flexibility in working hours and shifts
- Highly versatile skills that translate into an
unlimited choice of practice settings
- An excellent background for advancement to careers in
research, medicine and biotechnology
Laboratory professionals are vital members of the healthcare team
70% of objective information used in diagnosis and treatment decisions
made by physicians comes from laboratory testing
a physician has a child with a fever and doesn't know the cause, or a car
accident victim who needs a transfusion, laboratory professionals
provide crucial services that help save lives
medicine could not function without clinical laboratory professionals
a Large Component of Health Care!
Clinical laboratory professionals are the third largest
group of health professionals after doctors and nurses, with a quarter
of a million working in clinical laboratories nationwide
- There are over a thousand different clinical
- Billions of clinical laboratory tests are performed annually
in laboratories throughout the U.S.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics - 2008
growth in new laboratory positions in addition to positions vacant from
retirements and attrition from the field
job growth and excellent job opportunities are expected